Happy Tuesday, Bibliobabes!
I'm giving away One Month of OwlCrate! Check out there Giveaway here.
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
This week's top ten topic is:
Top Ten Resolutions for 2016
1. Edit the First Draft - I think the biggest goal and resolution of this year is going to be tackling the edit of my first-draft. I've talked a little bit about my writing journey here, here, and here. My goal last year was to finish my first draft by the end of December. I didn't quite make it. The first-draft won't be done now until the end of this week. But! Starting the second week of January it's all about the editing process, which is where the real work begins.
I lend this erratic posting schedule to the many other busy things that happen in life. Being the reasonable, responsible, and practical adulty like child that I am (*snort*) I don't think for even a moment that I won't be busy in 2016. HOWEVER, I've mapped out a schedule that's looking less bipolar, and it's giving me joy tingles.
3. Reading 100 Books - It was my goal in 2015, but due to several crazy months I got behind and managed to pull 80. Still 5 more than 2014, but not quite my goal. I've got a schedule for that too.
4. 80% on Netgalley - When I first started Netgally I did what most newbies do and I requested a BUNCH of books all at once. Many of these books weren't really that interesting to me, I was just drunk with power! Now those not-so-interesting books are sitting on my archived shelf anchoring down my rating. I'm on 50% as we speak. 10 more books should pull me up. Sadly, those archived "not-gonnas" are just going to have to stay dusty.
5. Buy a House - Totally not book related, HA! It's one of those things that pops up in your life suddenly. For me, it took a while but I guess I'm finally prepared. Big Guy and I will be looking in early 2016 and WE WILL find a place. I'm beyond picky, so it's going to be interesting. We very much want to build our dream house (I already have the design and floor plan ready to go!) but need some transition time. New House Need # 1 - Built In Shelves!
6. Keep Sewing- After so many years of owning a sewing machine and being able to make only the simplest of things, I finally found my groove with rag quilts this year. Next year I hope to be tackling something a little more difficult!
7. Attend BEA Bloggers Conference OR Fantasy Con -I've wanted to do it for years now. Unfortunately since the two of them are so close together (May and June) and I live far far away from both I've got to choose. Big Guy will probably vote for Fantasy Con, but either way one of these conventions is in our future!
8. Organize Bookshelves - Those pesky shelves are super crowded. I haven't purchased a new shelf in a LOOOOONG time. Mostly because I'm holding off for those built ins. *dreamy eyes*. The book situation, though, is out of hand and it's time to organize those puppies. So at some point this year I'll dump them (read: place them delicately) on the floor and get them properly situated so it's not so hard to find everything.
9. Vlogging - This is a resolution that I had last year, and I even bought a special new camera to help me out. A few weeks after purchasing said camera the charging cable got misplaced and we have NEVER FOUND IT. Now that I've finally gotten off my keister and purchased a replacement battery charger I can actually turn my new camera (which is now over a year old but has only been used a few times) back on. So I'm going to try to get that show on the road!
10. Laugh more - This one may seem kind of silly. I do laugh and I smile a lot. I'm a happy go lucky person most of the time, I think, but there's always room for happier thoughts and less worry. That's a goal for this year. To laugh more and live bigger and love life as much as possible. Then a little more the next year, and a little more the next year, and so on and so forth until people hate being around me because I'm obnoxiously joyful.
What are some of your 2016 resolutions?
Let's Be Friends!
Auggie is the 29 year old whirlwind owner of Auggie-Talk. A bibliobibuli by nature and a (potentially obsessive) lover of Diana Wynne Jones and Neil Gaiman. Not so secrety secret: She's been known to consume too much caffeine leading to hyperactive rants about her heinous lack of shelving and the high likelihood that Hermione Granger is her spirit animal.