Are we staying warm this lovely January evening?
Saturday brings Day 4 of Parajunkee's New Years Challenge. I also thought I'd throw some book news (that I personally found interesting) out at you.
Let's get started!
Day 4 of Parajunkee's New Year Blogger Challenge. Huzzah!
The Books of 2014 You Won't Miss
(Click on the book image to head to its corresponding GoodReads page)
Just one or two things I thought you book lovers might be interested in knowing about!
The Bestselling Books of 2013 Visit article for full list
Nielsen BookScan Top 201. Hard Luck (Wimpy Kid #8) by Jeff Kinney (Abrams/Amulet)
2. Inferno by Dan Brown (Doubleday)
3. Killing Jesus by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard (Henry Holt)
4. Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander (Simon & Schuster)
5. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan (Disney-Hyperion)
Amazon Kindle Top 201. Inferno by Dan Brown (Doubleday)
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth (HarperCollins/Tegen)
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Crown)
4. Sycamore Row by John Grisham (Doubleday)
5. The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty (Putnam)
Amazon Print Top 20
1. Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath (Gallup)
2. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg (Knopf)
3. Hard Luck (Wimpy Kid #8) by Jeff Kinney (Abrams/Amulet)
4. Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims by Rush Limbaugh (S&S/Threshold)
5. Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (Thomas Nelson)
Sales of Print Units Slipped in 2013 (Oddly enough it was the HARDCOVER books that fared the best. We apparently have some very serious book collectors out there. Go you!)
Yes... it's true. Booksales for physical copies are dropping. Well, it's just so darn expensive these days to even buy a book. When a hardcover costs $30 it's not easy for many of us to justify the purchase of it when we can get the same book in eVersion for half price or less.
I LOVE physical copies and whenever I get a chance that's what I purchase but something's gotta give when you can hardly even get 3 hardcopy books for $100 (after taxes). Geez.
That's all for today my love buckets.
Until Next Blog,